Thursday, February 26, 2009

Virginity Chapter 1

I'd never meant for things to turn out this way. Well, not that many people who have one night stands ever do. I'd wanted to wait until I was married, but I guess I decided that I couldn't wait. Or, that I didn't want to. Ya, that was more of it. I was tired of waiting for sex. What did it matter anyway, if I gave up my virginity. I was old enough to decide. So was Alex. But, maybe I should start from the beginning, where things started. I don't mean how we started having sex. I mean BEFORE that. Because, there's more to this story than me just seeming like a slut. Well, here goes.

It must have been my sophomore year in high school. Ya, that was it. I had a class with June. It was History, and it was our last class of the day. Oh, June was Alex's sister. Sometimes June and I would pass notes in that class, but not very often. She played Basketball, and I was the manager. That's how we knew each other. Jenna was also one of my friends. Okay, now you might be asking "Wait, hold on, who the heck is she? Where did she come from? What's she got to do with the story?" Well, her brother, Michel, happened to be dating June. And I started hearing things from Jenna. Things that were supposed to be secrets. June and Michel were having problems with their relationship. It had had its rough spots before. I knew that. June would spend all lunch period in the bathroom talking with Michel on her cell phone. Even though I didn't really know June that well, when she wasn't in her usual spot, it was weird. I knew they must be fighing that day or something.

But back to Jenna. She and I had started passing notes. In between classes, we would exchange them. And hers would contain the latest news on June and Michel. Because Michel was her brother and June was her friend, Jenna got stuck right in the middle. June and Michel eventually broke up for good.

Junior year came. June played Basketball again, and I was manager again. I don't remember much of that year, except that Jenna and a lot of my other friends graduated.

Then Senior year came. June started giving me rides to and from B-Ball practice. I started going to her house after school, just to hang out. We usually just watched TV and got something to eat. I rarely saw her brother, Alex. When I did, he seemed angry. Almost everytime I saw him he was. He seemed like he had anger problems. Then, Senior year was over, and Summer came. June and I stopped hanging out as often. And then, in November, I found out she was moving. We started hanging out again. As much as we could. Her brother was around more often too. It was weird. Sometimes he was home during the day. Usually he came home late from work. Since I was there a lot, I saw him more and more. I usually stayed late, into the AMs. I had no curfew. Sometimes we would play Rock Band, June and Alex and me. Then things started to get a little.....weird.

I texted June a lot. All of a sudden, June started texting that Alex said "hi". I would text back, telling him "hi" too. I was just trying to be polite. Frequently I would ask how he was, but again, just to be mostly be polite. When I went to June's house, he started talking to me. Just a little; we didn't maek that much conversation.

And then, June and her family finally moved. Alex went with them to help unpack, but he was later going to drive back and live here in town still. One night I was texting June. It was pretty late, in the AMs. All of a sudden, Alex started texting me. I didn't have his number in my phone, but he told me who it was. After that, we texted for over an hour. It may have even been two or three. June stopped texting me shortly after Alex started. I eventually asked him what had happened to her. I guess she'd fallen asleep, Alex had said. That's what I'd figured. Like I said, it was pretty late. Finally one of us said good night. June never woke up and texted me back, until the next afternoon, that is.

Then Alex and I started texting more frequently. He was...nice. He could be a good friend. The hard part was trying to find things to talk about. Of course, since we didn't know each other very well, we tried to make conversation by talking about some of our interests. Just whatever we could fine to talk about. Usually it was just "How are you?"'s and "What are you doing?"'s. Nothing special.

And then one day something snapped inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment